We commit to running our business responsibly: reducing our environmental impact to the minimum it can be, and to be an example of considerate small business within our community. We aim to
- Exceed relevant regulatory requirements;
- Continually improve and reduce our environmental impacts;
- Incorporate sustainability factors into business decisions;
- Engage our employees in the vision.
In The Business
- We will reduce, reuse and recycle all paper and packaging where possible;
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible;
- We will consider every new purchase with the environment in mind;
- We will dispose of our waste responsibly, preferring to recycle and donate;
- We will only travel when necessary for the benefit of the business;
- We will encourage car sharing and use of public transport where possible;
- We will promote the use of new IT to reduce travel (e.g. remote studio link-ups, online conferencing and webinars, enabling staff to connect in from home via VPN);
- We will be a responsible employer. We commit to equality, diversity and inclusion. Staff wellbeing will be considered in every business decision.
In The Community
- We will support our local shop;
- We will support the village Post Office;
- We will support the village pub which is a community pub by using it for meetings and celebrations. The Directors support it through purchase of no-profit shares;
- We will use local businesses and suppliers and employ local people;
- We will make annual charitable donations and will involve our staff, suppliers and clients in the choice of which charities to support;
- We will offer quality work experience to local schoolchildren;
- We will support local clubs and organisations with sponsorship and practical help.
- The Directors are responsible for ensuring that the Sustainability Policy is implemented;
- Employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met;
- We will share this policy with our suppliers;
- We will review this policy annually.